5 min prep, 5 minute cooking time, soaking required depending on blender
1 Cup raw cashes soaked in 2 cups water for 2 – 8 hours depending on blender
3/4 to 1 Cup of water for blending, amount depends on how you want the consistency
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
Pinch of Celtic sea salt
1. Soak cashews in water for 2 – 8 hours depending on blender strength
2. Strain water from cashews and discard water
3. Put all ingredients into a blender and process until very smooth
4. Pour mixture into a saucepan over medium high heat and whisk until it thickens.
5. Remove from heat and cool down
6. Place in a container with lid and store in fridge, sour cream will thicken even more as it gets colder.
NB: If you want a runnier cashew cream there are two different methods to get this. The first one is to use more water during the blending and the second on is to take it off the heat when it's the consistency required. Always remember if you are going to chill it, the mixture thickens even more. To pipe, put chilled mixture in a piping bag and pipe. The thicker the mixture the better the hold will be.